Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 41: Glencliff - Hikers Welcome Hostel

Today's Miles: 0.0
Total Miles: 398.7

Today was my kind of expected zero day. I knew it was going to rain, and I knew if it rained I wasn't moving, so therefore I stayed put. It stinks to have to put in another zero so soon, but I need a break from the rain. With some easier terrain ahead, I should be able to make up some time. 

It was a pretty lazy day. It started with some delicious breakfast made by Legion. I've had more blueberry pancakes since I've been on the trail than I think I've had my entire life. Normally I don't even like pancakes, but being out here will cause you to eat almost anything. I took a nap afterwards just because I could. The rest of the day was filled with movies and just hanging around the hostel. Miss Janet made tacos for dinner, so we were able to have another great meal. It's always interesting to meet the other people staying at the hostels. There is a man here named Steamer who is hiking for Breast Cancer Awareness. He wears all pink and even dyed his hair hot pink. Honestly, he kind of resembles a troll doll. There's also a mother out here doing a flip-flop with her two daughters, ages 17 and 12. They've made it all the way from Virginia so far, and I find it amazing they're still going strong. I wish them luck! Back to hiking tomorrow! It's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon, so I hope I can head out early enough to get to the shelter before it starts. 

I was able to catch up on some stuff while I was here, which was good. I filled out my first college application for next fall when we move to South Carolina! I guess I have to start figuring out the whole being a grown up thing all over again. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I get accepted. That would be one less thing to worry about!

Everyone's so into Forest Gump!

30 people at the hostel means a lot of tenting in the backyard.   

No comments:

Post a Comment