Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 25: South Arm Road to East B Hill Road

Today's Miles: 10.1
Total Miles: 256.9

I was able to experience slackpacking for the first time today. I enjoyed a nice Cabin breakfast (courtesy of Earl) and started hiking around 8:30. Shuffle was at the trailhead and decided to partake in the slackpack as well. We arranged for a pick up at the other road crossing into Andover at 3:00. It was a fairly uneventful day of hiking a few good climbs over Moody, Hall and Wyman mountains. It was still incredibly muddy from the previous days' rain, and of course I didn't make it through without slipping in the mud and laying completely out a few times. When I got to the first lean-to, everyone was stopped for a break, and I'm sure it will be my last time seeing the whole group together since I will be heading back to New Hampshire for the weekend. I hope to cross paths with them at some point in the future. I did see MDot a little further down the trail, who was hiking some with his wife and grandson. I listened to some music to help pass the less interesting miles. I reached the road about a half hour before the pickup time, where Delta was trying to hitch a ride. I told him about the shuttle, so we had lunch and waited for Shuffle and the shuttle to arrive. I was able to see MDot and say goodbye. I came back to The Cabin for one last afternoon and packed my bags in preparation for Grafton Notch tomorrow. I'll miss The Cabin and the great people here. They are so welcoming and hospitable. It's good to see people like this still around. 


Grouse in the tree


Surplus Pond

Wolfbird in his sweet town clothes

Found this tacked at the road crossing with my phone charger. Some confusion at The Cabin. Thanks for not taking it, Live Simply!

No comments:

Post a Comment