Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 24: Andover


Today's Miles: 0.0
Total Miles 246.8

Today was a much needed zero day. It gave everything a chance to dry out, including my raisin fingers and toes from yesterday. My feet were a disaster after wet shoes all day, and all my blisters just separated from the skin underneath completely. It was a mess. MDot's wife and grandson came into town from Florida, and it was great to be able to meet them. We went to Bethel so everyone could resupply and I could get my broken hiking pole fixed. It was a cute town and offered a lot more in terms of food than Andover did. It would have been nice to stay there. Tomorrow I'll be staying close to town and doing a day of slackpacking. This consists of hiking with only a day pack instead of all my gear. I will be dropped off at the start and picked up at the end of the day. I'll come back and stay here at The Cabin for another night after that. Live Simply and Uno will be moving on tomorrow, so hopefully I see them along the way somewhere down the trail. 


Live Simply crushing up some Ramen

Uno and Live Simply packing up for the next leg of their hike

No comments:

Post a Comment